The first “no-frills” broadcast telescopic crane
With the “EXCALIBUR” crane Tecnopoint introduce an innovative family of broadcast telescopic products.
All the old telescopic cranes are born to use heavy and big film cameras.
Normally a 23’ size crane weight is around 700Kg (1.400 pounds) or more.
The EXCALIBUR weight is around 50% less. Today the film cameras are rarely used, Tecnopoint
has redesigned completely this kind of products building lightweight equipment more adequate at
the new digital shooting.
These are the main advantages:
- Lightness the EXCALIBUR family is developed exclusively for the Tecnopoint MW
broadcast head that is one of the lightest in the world.
It’s a modular head available with 2 or 3 axes.
In this way there are not standards to respect with heavy accessory mount. The nose weight of the Excalibur crane is about one third of a conventional crane. The head is electronically connected with the crane to get the “Pan Compensation” feature.
- Economy The innovation and the particular design philosophy of EXCALIBUR got an economic building system and maintenance that is unique in this products brand. We have got high performances without the use of expensive and delicate composite materials.
The result is a clever and elegant piece of pure technical expression. That is absolutely what the market need today.
- Modularity EXCALIBUR is a group of telescopic cranes destined to grow up to satisfy the always increasing market request. Tecnopoint build EXCALIBUR completely in his company. Our exclusive modular
building manner add to the product flexibility and make the work easier. The base is a new modular truss structure able to save weight and add stability to the crane.
- Innovation The cables management is the most evident result of the new way of our design. There are no “garlands” pending from the crane arm. The cable travel on a special way. They still being external for easy service or new options, but the aesthetical result is impressive.
- Maximum total length 8.600 mm
- Stroke 4.750 mm
- Maximum optical height from the ground 6.177 mm
- Base width 1.000/1.200 mm
- Distance between the tires 800 mm
- Max Telescopic speed (standard) 1 m/s
- Auto stop with the possibility to setting the break smoothness.
- Track available with straight pieces with length of 2m and 1m. No curves.
- Working tension 24Vcc.
- Weight at work change with settings (2 axes with Broadcast Camera about 450 Kg)